Best 12 Volt Car Kettles UK (Reviews) 2019
If you travel a lot, whether it be camping, a long commute to work, or on boating trips, you would likely enjoy having the ability to have hot or boiled water on hand. But 12-volt car kettles are not all created the same. They come in different sizes with a variety of volume capacities, features, and factors that need to be considered.
Because it can be difficult to choose the best 12 volt car kettle, we’ve compiled a list of the top models available on the market today.
Best 12 Volt Car Kettles in the UK Reviews
This is the perfect car kettle for anyone that just needs a hot drink for themselves on a particularly long drive. It has a sleek, ergonomic design made from food-grade stainless steel and silicone, making it resistant to corrosion and rust. Once closed, the kettle is vacuum-sealed and mildly pressurized, so be sure that you fill it to below the safety line inside the canister.
This kettle also features an anti-slip base, though it fits well into most standard cup holders as well, due to its slim design. It will boil your water or other liquids in as little as 15 minutes, so you won’t have long to wait to enjoy a fresh, hot beverage.
Additionally, it features an intuitive LCD display where you can set and monitor the temperature of the kettle.
- Has a detachable charging base fused for 15A
- Universally compatible with 12V DC cigarette power outlets
- Has a smaller cup capacity of 348ml
- Constructed from 304-stainless steel and food-grade silicone
- Has an electronic temperature control and LCD temperature display
- Sometimes problems with the container boiling over or spraying hot water when it was opened, primarily because the safety line is difficult to see
The Streetwize SWK1 12V Car Kettle is fantastic for camping trips, vacations, and long drives where you will have continued access to a 12V outlet. This car kettle plugs easily into any cigarette port, and will heat or boil up to four cups of liquid.
This kettle is lightweight and easy to use and handle with a natural, ergonomic design. It’s built strong enough to survive hard-impact falls and jarring, though it may not seem like it’s particularly durable at first glance. It doesn’t take up very much space at all in your vehicle, and will prove to be an essential tool for any camping trip or long journey where you might need hot water for beverages or other needs.
- Comes with two cups, a strainer, a fork, a spoon, and a spacer
- 700ml capacity can hold up to four cups of your favorite beverage
- Made from food-safe materials
- Great for long drives or vacations
- Has a long 1.4m cable to help reduce tugging and pulling complications
- The build quality could be better
The Garsent 12V Portable Electric Car Kettle is a safe, non-toxic electric car kettle that has a sealing ring positioned in the lid to prevent spills and leaks. The 304-stainless steel and plastic materials are safe and easy to clean between uses and are also very durable. This kettle will resist rust and corrosion easily.
A unique feature of this car kettle is that it uses electromagnetic heating technology to boil your water for you. It will heat your water to 100 degrees Celsius within about 25 minutes. Once it reaches this temperature, the kettle will automatically shut itself off. This keeps not only the kettle safe, but also keeps you and your vehicle safe as well from any short circuits or electrical problems.
- Uses electromagnetic heating technology to get the water heated to 100 degrees Celsius within 25 minutes
- Automatically shuts off when the liquid reaches 100 degrees
- Made of high-quality 304-stainless steel and food-safe plastic material
- Has an impressive 750ml capacity and fits in most cup holders
- Features an indicator display light
- Included instructions are poorly written
- The 25 minute heating time is quite long
This water heater kettle from MotionPerformance Essentials is fantastic for use in vans and trucks particularly but works well in cars as well. Additionally, it’s great for boats and camping trips. This car kettle comes with utensils, a pair of travel cups, a strainer, and a metal mounting bracket.
This kettle is for use in any vehicle with a 12V socket. It’s a number one bestseller, and can heat water in as little as 15 minutes, but may take longer for higher temperature drinks. It is suggested to test your product before using it for its intended purpose, as there have been some noted quality control issues.
- Has a 250ml capacity
- Comes with cups, a strainer, a spoon, and a fork
- Boils two travel cups worth of liquid in approximately 10 to 25 minutes
- Great for boiling water for long drives or camping trips
- Low, budget-friendly cost
- Some problems with the bottom of the water heater kettle leaking from the bottom
If you’re going on a vacation or have a particularly long camping trip planned, the Zerodis Portable Electric Kettle is perfect for all of your needs involving boiling or heating liquids. It’s a little more expensive than some other models, but that’s because it has a massive 1300ml capacity.
Additionally, you can boil eggs in this car kettle. It has a special egg boiling switch that will allow you to enjoy a perfectly-boiled egg as a snack during your travels. You can also use this kettle to prepare tea, coffee, baby formula, or even instant noodles.
- Huge 1300ml capacity
- Features a special boiled egg switch, so you can make a snack or heat liquids
- Has a lid switch for easy, safe pouring
- Can boil water for up to ten cups
- The lid is insulated and secure, reducing the chance for spills and leaks
- The instructions are poor
12V Kettle for a Car Buying Considerations
Volume or Capacity
Every car kettle is different, and many will have different volumes or capacities that can be contained within the kettle. Most will come in volumes of 750ml, but you can find capacities from below 500ml or above 1000ml. What size you choose is dependent entirely on your preferences and whatever fits your needs best. Larger capacities tend to be more convenient, but you may not use the full kettle yourself, so don’t be afraid to get a smaller kettle if that’s what you’re more comfortable with.
The best car kettle needs to provide an ergonomic way to regulate the temperature of your water or other liquids. Kettles that offer controls of at least 10 to 90 degrees are great for controlling the temperature of your drink, and ones with LCD displays are incredibly helpful. The LCD display will make it very easy to read and control the temperature, so you don’t have to worry about your drink not being hot enough or, conversely, being too hot to handle.
Materials and Construction
As with most electronic devices you purchase, you likely want your car kettle to last for years to come, and also want it to be safe to use. After all, the best type of 12-volt car kettle is one that will serve its purpose for years to come. As a result, the best car kettles are made with 304-stainless steel material primarily. This is food-grade stainless steel that will not rust or deteriorate with use. You may also find ceramic kettles and kettles made from food-safe plastics.
Aside from the materials of the kettle itself, you should be looking at the handle of the kettle. You want the handle to feel comfortable in your grip. The handle should be ergonomic and both safe and easy to carry. Additionally, you should look for kettles with an anti-slip base.
The Final Word
When you’re looking for the best 12-volt car kettle, there are many things to consider and many options to choose from. We’ve given you the five best options for your travel needs, and regardless of what size kettle you’re looking for, there’s an option on this list that will perfectly suit your needs.